[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [gdalsnes] 18113: -reorder InsertXscendingOrder macro argument order and update uses

Thomas Weidenmueller w3seek at reactos.com
Tue Sep 27 13:53:50 CEST 2005

Gunnar Dalsnes wrote:
> If Alex doesnt like it ill revert it in the files that he "own", but
> this "i own the code" stuff has gone too far.
>
> Any person can see that those macros produce much cleaner code, and
> without any measureable performance loss. And the stuff with "macros
> screw my debugging", all list manipulation functions are already macros.

I don't think it's about "owning" code - I also strongly dislike
LIST_FOR_EACH and especially LIST_FOR_EACH_SAFE. I also prefer the loops
as they have been implemented before. Sometimes also such minor
optimizations help a lot. And if one doesn't know how to deal with
double linked lists, one shouldn't use them, IMO.

- Thomas