[ros-dev] Re: [ros-svn] [gdalsnes] 18113: -reorder InsertXscendingOrder macro argument order and update uses

Thomas Weidenmueller w3seek at reactos.com
Tue Sep 27 15:47:42 CEST 2005

Gunnar Dalsnes wrote:
> Walking the list by handcoding is not an optimization. Those macros are
> just as fast as doing it manually.
Yes it is, not always but especially the kernel sometimes have time
critical operations where any unnecessary overhead could have an impact
on performance.

> Cleaner code (less code) is the point here, not knowing how to deal with
> lists. Less code = better code.
That's not always true. I remember the old Nt/KeWaitForSingleObject
implementation.... total mess and slow as hell...

At least I'm not going to use these non-standard macros.

- Thomas