[ros-dev] Re: [Freedce-devel] pthread_clear_exit_np()

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 05:04:18 CEST 2006

On 4/28/06, KJKHyperion <hackbunny at reactos.com> wrote:
> oh dear. First: HAHAHAHAHA LOOK AT THE MAMA'S BOY, CRY BOY CRY. Then:
> it's not "patented" per se. Only the stack-based implementation on x86
> (NO WE CANNOT USE ANOTHER IMPLEMENTATION. Really beary totally
> absolutely positively sure), and even then only if compiler-integrated.
> Since GCC doesn't use stack-based exception handling *anywhere*, not
> even on x86, that'd be a total non-issue. On operating systems as yet
> unblessed by SEH it'd be even better as a starting point: a single
> implementation shared by all architectures upfront. And lack of compiler
> support is only really a problem on non-x86, because on x86 you can use
> PSEH, which isn't covered by the patent

I would say I agree that PSEH was a option even if the syntax is not
100% compatible and it could be a good case for someone like Luke
working on pretty pseh seeing as it was rotting the last time I
checked but rather than have a productive discussion about the issues
I'll switch to further ad-hominem,

Piss off, get a life, do something productive or just shut the fuck up.

--
Steven Edwards