[ros-dev] Undocumented APIs

James Tabor jimtabor at adsl-64-217-116-74.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net
Wed Feb 1 01:05:11 CET 2006

Steven Edwards wrote:
> I want to draw this discussion to a close and vote. Here is my proposal.
>
> A function can be implemented in ReactOS if:
>
> 1. There is documentation*
> 2. There exists a third party driver/application using the behavior
>
> If such a document* or test case does not exist it must be documented
> before it can be implemented. Clean room-reverse engineering rules
> apply.
>
> Documentation as defined as MSDN, OSR, DDK/PSDK example code, Probert
> docs, Published Book, PDB with driver or dependant test, clean room
> documentation written by some other developer than the one
> implementing the function or any documentation found via a google, msn
> or yahoo search. All documentation samples must be committed to SVN.

This is fair for us here in the US. Laws here are strict and leave us with
little wiggle room.

One point:
Non US law ReactOS developers need to make their findings compatible to this
policy after it is voted in (or not?).

****
I must advise you developers, to use and follow your local laws! I can not make
you follow US law. I do not have a right to do so. Uphold your local laws!
****

Thanks,
James