[ros-dev] Re: Undocumented APIs

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 17:53:44 CET 2006

Hi Nate,

On 2/1/06, Nate DeSimone <desimn at rpi.edu> wrote:
> I personally think that worded that way, the amendment is redundant
> since it simply restates that you must to clean room reverse
> engineering.  All it amounts to is a clarification that the clean room
> approach must also be taken for undocumented APIs, so in effect what is
> the point of adding this in the first place?  The only reason to add
> this is to prevent misinterpretation of "clean room reverse engineer."

I would like to agree on language and put it to the standard 7 day
vote. The emergency IRC meeting left some developers out due to time
constraints. I think we all agree on the clean room, one reverses the
other implements policy but I want to be sure we have the correct
language in place.

--
Steven Edwards - ReactOS and Wine developer