[ros-dev] Undocumented APIs

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 19:28:59 CET 2006

On 2/1/06, Alex Ionescu <ionucu at videotron.ca> wrote:
> > What's the point in making ReactOS work with all applications if
> > people are too scared to use it because of the methods used to
> > implement it?
> >
> I don't see people afraid of using IBM products... or installing
> ATI/NVIDIA drivers... or installing Norton Antivirus...actually, quite a
> lot of people and big corporations use IBM software on their ATI
> videocard, while protected by NAV.

Those corporations have the money to defend the customers in the event
of a SCO type lawsuit. Remember SCO sued Delmar-Chrysler and Autozone
for migrating to Linux from Sco OpenServer. The autozone deal was a
Redhat customer. I assure you any code they write for the Linux kernel
fails under our proposed standard for clean-room reverse enginering if
they did get any ideas from Unix.

--
Steven Edwards - ReactOS and Wine developer