[ros-dev] Moving svn to another contrury or not

Magnus Olsen magnus at itkonsult-olsen.com
Thu Feb 2 08:32:06 CET 2006

here is a letter from JvA.
As most people know we have talk to move svn to another place.

Dear ReactOS Crew,

I spoke today with Lysators highest administrator Kalle, and he told me
that there should be no problem what so ever for Lysator to host you.
However, in order for us to host you we need a letter from you where you
ask us to host you, and specify what you want to use the server for.
This letter is needed for bureaucratic reasons.

The root group needs to officially grant you the right to be hosted in
our server hall, and marked as a Lysator-project. What the root group
wants to know is what you intend to use the server for and what ports
you need open in the firewall. The security rules in Lysator strictly
says that only Lysator members are allowed to have administrator/root
accounts on the servers in the server hall. The person who would
administrate your server would be me. People outside Lysator, like the
ReactOS developers, are however allowed to have normal SSH-accounts.

Bandwidth is not a problem. Kalle told me that Lysator has been granted
a secondary gbit-connection if the current one isn't enough. By the way,
the server hall has UPS:es to make sure the servers are online even if
there are would be electrical difficulties.

When you have had a meeting and decided what you want hosted in the
Lysator server hall, send me a letter where you ask us to host you and
I'll give it to Kalle. When you officially have been granted to be
hosted by us, you need to supply us with a server, 1U or 2U. If you
want, I could build it for you here in Linköping if you collect money
and let GreatLord buy the parts. The OS that the server would run would
be Gentoo Linux. I will of course install Apache, SVN, cross-compile GCC
and whatever you need on the server for you.

Best regards,
Fredrik Smedberg (JvA)