[ros-dev] Re: [ros-priv] OT: uni project

Maarten Bosma maarten.paul at bosma.de
Wed Feb 8 20:31:02 CET 2006

Ged Murphy wrote:
 >> good idea - a paint(brush) clone
 >> [..]
 >
 > Yeah, it's a nice idea.  :)
 > Certainly worth considering.

I don't think that is what ReactOS needs at it's current state. But
that's just my opinion.

 > Other thoughts were taking on the cache manager

I have heard that this is one of the hardest part of ReactOS and also
the cache manager rewrite was already done so far. (However I don't know
  how much of it will be left after the audit.)

 > Keep em coming guys, I have until next Monday to decide.

Maybe some kind of device driver, or a file system driver (for example
Reiser4) although that is told to be hard too.

Another idea of mine would be a web based job system. I think that one
of the main problems of ReactOS is that we just say: "Here is the
source, you can choose a part to work on. Have fun !".
I know that we got Bugzilla, but you have to admit that it has not
really proven to be a good place for new devs to get started. So a
system, which lists tasks sorted by skills needed, would be a solution.

Later such a system could be used for Bounties as well. But I don't know
if it is a good project for you. Actually I just wanted to write down
the idea before I forget about it again.

 > Thanks,
 > Ged.

Maarten Bosma