[ros-dev] What Happened

art yerkes ayerkes at speakeasy.net
Wed Feb 8 21:49:50 CET 2006

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:04:27 -0600
Rick Langschultz <rlangschultz at cox.net> wrote:

> My point exactly, i want to develop great programs and add-ons to
> ReactOS, but creating a non-public mailing list is wrong. I was
> working on an NT VFS for the FAT implementation. Maybe I will
> contribute down the road, but I am a bit put off by the whole private
> mailing list thing...
> On Feb 8, 2006, at 1:57 PM, James Hawkins wrote:
>
> > On 2/8/06, Rick Langschultz <rlangschultz at cox.net> wrote:
> >> I don't think that is fair. Since ReactOS is a community project, the
> >> community (world) should be allowed to at least view that mailing
> >> list archive.
> >>
> >> My support for reactos went out the window I think...
> >
> > Agreed.  If the project is moving away from illegal practices, using a
> > private mailing list looks suspicious.  What do you have to hide now
> > that all the ghosts are out of the closet?  It also comes off as
> > elitist, which turns away would-be developers.

The purpose of the private list is to keep questions posed therein from
escalating into problems of their own through rumor and accusation.  We
need to be able to post questions and answer honestly without alarmism.
--
Discordant is the murmur at such treading down of lovely things while
god's most lordly gift to man is decency of mind.  Call that man only