[ros-dev] RE: What Happened

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Sat Feb 11 08:26:29 CET 2006

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 10:26, David Eckert wrote:
> Allow me to just put it this way, reverse engineering IS illegal,

And Microsoft explicitly permits it in their "Inside Windows [NT | 2000 | XP]"
books - they even allow that most prolific reverse-engineer of NT, Mark
Russinovich, to put most of his sysinternals website on the cdrom included
with the Microsoft Press book "Inside Windows 2000".

There's a legal doctrine called "unclean hands" - google for "define: unclean
hands" and you'll see that Microsoft has not a leg to stand on.  Unless the
judges are irredeemably corrupt, which isn't impossible.

Wesley Parish