[ros-dev] rbuild XML processing

Royce Mitchell III royce3 at ev1.net
Sat Feb 11 16:53:33 CET 2006

Martin Fuchs wrote:

>Hi,
>
>as you may know rbuild uses its own XML reading routines independent
>from any existing XML parser. This means there is missing some
>functionality we could get using a "real" XML parser:
>
>- no real syntax and hierarchy check of XML data

This would be good, but I'm guessing you'll probably have to define the
DTD better.

>- no UTF-8 support
>
>I am working on integrating Expat (the XML parser used for example in
>ROS Explorer) into rbuild. This is currently only an experiment just
>for fun - independent from ReactOS. I may use this rbuild derived
>build system for some private projects. Is there any interest to
>include Expat into the ReactOS version of rbuild?

Since I'm the one who wrote the XML parser, I guess it's most important
for me to sign off on this change. While I'm proud of the XML parser I
wrote, I don't mind it getting replaced as long as it's not going to
break anything or slow down the build process. So if you see a benefit
to it, then don't let me hold you back :)