[ros-dev] What Happened

Brandon Turner turnerb7 at msu.edu
Mon Feb 13 20:23:53 CET 2006

Brian wrote:

> I am real sorry, but i believe that you have mis-read my comment, and
> have blown it compleatly out of control...
>
> >For example we discussed a new way to carry out the
> >audit, and now we are voting on it and all details are known to the
> >public.
>
> you can't justify the hidding of this information in the first place.
> Quite the oppose, it would have been more apporpreate to keep this
> compleately public.
>
> >It is nothing special, however some of it is imcrimnating in a
> >sense to some people and they dont want it to be known the public.
>
> Unless this is their personal information (wtf would that be doin in
> exchange between devs of a public project), if they broke the law
> regarding ReactOS, a 'open' project, they are inclined to publish the
> details.

You are so right, I didnt even think about that.  We have to divulge our
whole lives and everything we have ever said because the GPL demands we
release details about everything about a project.  Well, now that I
understand here is summary everything that I have ever said on on ros-priv:

1) I looked at leaked windows source code and I dont think I am a
tainted developer, however I am willing to remove myself from the
project if it is requested.
2) I have never reversed engineered anything using disassembly.
3) I suggested a useful project for Ged to do for his master degree.
4) I had a question about how developers blogs worked on the website.
5) I expressed my views that I agreed with the publicly announced plan
to get work on ROS going again.
6) My skype name is BrandonMarkTurner

Now can you explain why all that needed to be public?  In regards to #1,
why did you have to know what I have done, am I a special case because I
am a developer? Same goes for #2.  #3, well that isnt important all from
what I can tell. #4, yes I had a question about how the developers blog
system worked, why does that need to be public information, do non
developers use our blog system? #5, I agreed with someone plan that was
publicly announced and figured I wanted to inform other people what I
thought about a topic only we can vote on. #6, great now everyone that
is subscribed to ros-dev can call me, prefect!

Now that i released my private information which you insisted needed to
be public, can I have your social sercuity number, your mothers maiden
name, and your city of birth.  Without this information I just wont be
able to develop ROS as well!