[ros-dev] Goodbye Everyone...

Rick Langschultz rlangschultz at cox.net
Thu Feb 16 10:15:56 CET 2006

It seems that many people want to give up the project, which would be
a total loss of time and energy of those who have spent many hours
and money on the project. I don't think that dismantling ReactOS
would be a good idea at this time. Instead proceeding with Audit and
regrouping seems to be the best scenario here. However, ReactOS needs
better svn commit rules and proceedures. I would like to see a
"commit team" formed to review submitted code. Maybe another SVN
server or address that will host this code in queue until it is
approved and merged into the main repository. That way only certain
people have access to the SVN commit procedure.

Also, ReactOS needs to start gaining funding for its efforts. I know
that ReactOS has held open donations in the past but I think that
ReactOS developers need to join forces and ask for developers and
users pay for downloads. Maybe a dollar or two per ISO. This would
allow ReactOS to get bigger hard drives for their servers, etc...

Just some thoughts.
Rick