[ros-dev] ***SPAM*** Goodbye Everyone...

KJKHyperion hackbunny at reactos.com
Thu Feb 16 11:48:59 CET 2006

Steven Edwards wrote:

>>Anyways, I believe it is time to start anew.  New project, different name, different goals.
>>

>We seem to be a ship that is taking on water. The only consolation I can give you is that the old tree will be restored somewhere as per the vote. From there auditing should take place.

Voting is stupid. Auditing is stupid. Policies are stupid. Why is
ReactOS dying? because coders cannot code anymore. Here's your crisis.
All this trumpeting about the audit is stupid, and I seriously want to
kick in the face whoever actually believes in it. It's only a convenient
lie you all like to believe in

For the love of god, unlock the repository and resume the coding. Nobody
wants the audit, and as it stands now it's completely useless - if
there's dubious code, let someone _else_ do the audit. In the USA you
have the DMCA, ok, but you have presumption of innocence too, so, christ
almighty, use it. Let _Microsoft_ waste resources trying to demonstrate
a copyright violation. Let them prove the reversing wasn't clean-room,
if that's even possible (let _them_ find out if it is). You are digging
your own graves, you don't even know who the "enemy" is and have never
faced it. This is suicide. Legally we were and we are in no danger, you
KNOW it's always been a matter of PR, but someone HAD to fuck it up
royally (hey Hartmut, please eat shit and die. This is all your own
fucking fault. Hope you're happy with the outcome of your sissy drama)
and turn us into instant celebrities. Relax, chill, you cannot outdo
Wine, PR-wise, they have investors, we don't - so why act like we did
do, with all the issues and none of the benefits?

We don't need good PR, we need fucking CODE. Wasn't becoming a ReactOS
developer a matter of trust and social networking? This used to be the
beauty of it, that you didn't have to sign away your soul to
partecipate. And I don't see what makes you believe that adding barriers
will be beneficial - has it ever worked? EVER?

This is an open source project. Code is all that matters. No code
flowing in, project dies

*****

Mr. Project Coordinator, take some risks, show some balls, be a fucking
asshole about it if you have to, and recall the audit. It's only been a
glorious display of weakness and ineptitude so far. You know it's
killing the project while doing NO GOOD WHATSOEVER to it, save for
HYPOTHETICAL, FUTURE and all-in-all IRRELEVANT benefits

Wine can ultimately suck dick, if that's what you're worried about.
They're using a public license, they cannot revoke it. So if they don't
like our policies, so long. We can parasite them, they cannot parasite
us, all their loss if they want to turn it into a one-way relationship
because mr. Investor has his ass itching about bad PR from us and
Alexandre has to scratch him

Please let the code flow again. Let people do what they want to do