[ros-dev] Vote: code auditing

Ged Murphy gedmurphy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 23:36:50 CET 2006

Vote topic : Ensure code auditing is carried out
Start date : 16/02/06
Period : 7 days discussion, 7 days voting

With the success of proposal B in the recent vote and the old repository
reopening for business, we need to discuss ways to ensure the code is
audited and doesn't take a backseat.

Following the correct voting procedure, there will be a 7 day discussion
period, followed by a 7 day voting period.
Until this decision is made, I propose for the repository to be fully
open, with developers being diligent with their actions.

This topic has been discussed somewhat between developers, although not
extensively.
Two viable proposals have so far been put forward and are as follows :

 A - The repository is completely open to all development and ReactOS
developers must take it upon themselves to ensure all code is audited.

 B - Sections of ReactOS which require auditing are 'locked', that being
that the source is fully available to download and build, but no
development work should be undertaken until the said code has passed the
audit. The lock will be removed only when that section of code has been
audited.

Discussion of these topics and any further proposals should be in reply
to this topic.