[ros-dev] Vote: code auditing

Ged Murphy gedmurphy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 23:56:47 CET 2006

Brandon Turner wrote:

> "The lock will be removed only when that section of code has been
> audited."
> Does this mean any part of the code during the audit found to be dirty
> need to be rewritten before it is unlocked?  And if so, how long
> before you think the kernel will be unlocked?

Well it's all up for discussion, but that is the original proposal.
As for how long before the kernel is unlock, well I suppose that'll
depend on 2 things:
-  How much of the kernel is actually locked (it hasn't been decided
what constitutes dirty. e.g. GreatLord proposes only assembly)
-  How quickly people rewrite the 'dirty' code