[ros-dev] Virtual Encrypted File System (VEFS)

Rick Langschultz rlangschultz at cox.net
Mon Feb 20 07:16:35 CET 2006

Through an intriguing article on Slashdot I have read that ipods are
now being used for things other than audio. They are being used to
obtain data from a computer, and computer network obtaining business
documents and such in seconds.

One way to make ReactOS a safer operating environment is to use a
virtual encrypted file system that would restrict the copying of
files to any usb, or network device via an encryption algorithm. So I
propose a VEFS that would restrict this. The VEFS would disallow the
passage of documents to any removable device unless the user has
permission to archive them, which would be the "a" attribute. The
VEFS would make use of two AES encryption algorithms which would
encrypt the file's contents. One being a key another a lock, however
the user must provide a password to unlock and decrypt the files.
This would allow the user to unlock the files, only if they have the
password. This would also allow users to secure their personal and
corporate data.

Any ideas?