[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [dgorbachev] 26483: Undo r26482 change, waste more stack space.

ShadowFlare blakflare at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 23:28:52 CEST 2007

On 4/24/07, Peter Dolding <oiaohm at bluebottle.com> wrote:

<snip>

Yes but select partial platforms stdcall is default.   It is up to the
> platform to set is default calling method.  For some strange reason
> mingw and cygwin is choosing cdecl.  I find it strange since MSVC was
> different.
>
> Gcc is a uniform build environment.  Not a uniform calling convention..
>
> Peter Dolding

stdcall is not the default on any version of MSVC I have ever seen, cdecl
is; so mingw using cdecl by default mimicks the behavior of MSVC.  BTW, the
versions I'm referring to are 6, 2003 (7.1), and 2005 (8).  The fact that
Windows uses stdcall for most API functions does not mean that it is the
default calling convention.

-ShadowFlare