[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [tkreuzer] 26564: GetNonFontObject: - OBJECTTYPE_META_DC does not SetLastError() - beautify the code a little

Timo Kreuzer timo.kreuzer at web.de
Sun Apr 29 03:16:05 CEST 2007

Steven Edwards schrieb:
> On 4/28/07, Timo Kreuzer <timo.kreuzer at web.de> wrote:
>
>> MSDN is not a good reference for this function. It's description is
>> incomplete and wrong in some cases.
>> And I don't see the problem. NtGdiExtGetObjectW is not called for
>> GDI_OBJECT_TYPE_DC. It is only called for valid types.
>>

> If the documentation is wrong could you provide a test case showing otherwise?

I have a lot of testcases for GetObjectA/W. I will commit my GDI32 tests
soon (next hour probably, after some cleanup).
The patch jimtabor referred to didn't even change any functionality
except the GDI_OBJECT_TYPE_METADC case, wich I can provide a testcase for.
Please RTFC ;-)

examples:
MSDN says GetObject returns a LOGFONT, but it returnes different things
depending on what you specify as count. More investigation is needed,
but jimtabor has done some basics on that. Still missing: sizes not
matching one of the structures. In those cases the structures get copied
partly. The return value will be the count of bytes copied.

Same goes for brushes. The structure will be copied only as far as the
count value specifies. But the return value will always be sizeof(LOGBRUSH)

all other types will return 0 and not copy anything if the buffer size
is smaller than the structure.
Have a look at the gdi32_test.. and privide more tests.

Atm all my tests succeed, except some font tests, because sizes
inbetween the structures are not handled and extlogpen, wich is not
implemeted at all in ros.