[ros-dev] Some Questions

Daniel Nikolić daniel.nikolic.hr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 13:50:39 CEST 2007

I recenly found out about this website. I checked out the sources (great)
and tried to run React OS under VMware player (not so great) and even tried
some of my sw to run under it (disaster!).

I have a few questions:

1. I noted some inconsistencies in handling 8-bit/UTF-16 translation in
..A/..W calls between ...A functions in graphics (TextOut...) and
synchronization (CreateSemaphore...). Graphics part always allocates memory
(HeapAlloc) - a waste of time, IMHO.

2. I'm, not sure if is there a list of already checked/done, but not
verified/not implemented API?

3. How could I help (I know some C)

Regards,

dn

PS Meanwhile, I was reading Doxygen & could not figure out how
MultiByteToWideChar() works (=i.e. how you implemented it), but I think it
calls RtlMultiByteToUnicodeN(), which implements CP -> UTF-16 mapping for
currently selected CP, and RtlCustomCPToUnicodeN() for any other CP. Some my
programs use MultiByteToWideChar() with CP_UTF8 which is IMHO NOT
implemented!?!?

May I work on this (in my spare time)? Is somebody else working on this
area?