[ros-dev] Documentation

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 09:00:18 CEST 2007

On 9/21/07, Steven Edwards <winehacker at gmail.com> wrote:
> There was a win32 chm compiler and example help file submitted to
> wine-patches a while back. Feel free to import that and the htmlhelp
> dlls and viewer. Your going to need it anyway to be compatible with
> Windows documentation. Its pseudo-html source so exporting to
> PDF/ODF/DOCX/etc should not be too hard.

Oh and just to weigh in, not being an active developer, no one should
care what I say but.....ReactOS used docbook before and we hated it. I
used to also have to use docbook for my job and I hated it. Wine used
to use SGML for docs and we hated it. Wiki's are the way to go. Make
it easy for the non-programers to write a good chunk of the
documentation and translations. Save your developers time by not
requiring even more oddball tools with cryptic commands and syntax.
Use a wiki with an export feature and export it to a standard open
format that you can plug in to HTMLhelp later.

Did I mention I hate docbook?

--
Steven Edwards