[ros-dev] compatibility vs. correctness

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 15:35:12 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Dmitry Gorbachev
<d.g.gorbachev at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe that people wish "perfect world" API as an optional feature, not
> that they really want to broke compatibility.

We discussed something like this years ago. It would be nice if every
sort of legacy API that has any sort of hacks for brokeness as part of
its implementation, could be isolated and a simple recompile with
something like a #define NO_LEGACY_WIN32 so you could recompile
without the hacks. Not really that useful for the real world as you
need the backward compatibility but it is a nice idea for embedded or
non-normal windows targets like ARM.

--
Steven Edwards