[ros-dev] Have anyone tried, stress prime on ReactOS?

Ashuaria Lee ashuaria at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 07:24:54 CET 2008

Hi,

Guys(and Girls) did you heard about a program called "stress prime"?
It was developed to calculate prime numbers. And it is very sensitive
to small errors.
Since it has some kinda detecting errors, many overclockers are using
it to confirm overclocked H/W stability.

Yes, I tried to run this program, just for fun, and surprise! The
system is not overclocked, nor has problem when running stressprime on
WindowsXP.
The rounding error amount was huge. I saw the source code of the
stress prime and I'm sorry it was assembly language, so I couldn't
check what could make such prolem under ReactOS. It was all about the
math, and I'm not good at both(asm,math)

But, one thing sure, is something is not working properly(maybe
kernel?) and it is affecting ReactOS stability.

What is your opinion? any comments?

--
Regards,
Ashuaria Lee