[ros-dev] [ros-general] I am taking a break...

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Sat Dec 20 03:48:06 CET 2008

I concur with James.

Eric, I think what you meant to say is you don't have time to work on
ReactOS in its current state -- ie: the slow, time-consuming
procedures and behaviors that take up more than 50% of your free time.

What if ReactOS provides you with your own branch, and the ReactOS
project assumes the responsibility of merging your changes to trunk,
performing the testing and regression testing. You might be afraid
that your code will "rot" and that it would never make it inline, but
I'm sure the people respect your work as much as I do and would make
sure that things stay up to date (much like we sync with Wine).

This would allow you to keep committing code, have your own branch
which at least works for you, and we'd take care of merging. Your only
real responsibility would be to "sync up" with trunk every once in a
while -- could even be only ever 3 months, or if you notice something
obvious that might affect you (RPC changes, WIDL changes, SCM etc).

I know this may sound unfair to other developers, but as James pointed
out, you deserve everyone's time, considering how much you've put in
all this time.