[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [tkreuzer] 38294: For some unknown reason wmc likes to include string.h from the wine folder and we cannot link it on linux hosts. This hack should hopefully resolve the issue.

Colin Finck mail at colinfinck.de
Tue Dec 23 12:45:12 CET 2008

tkreuzer at svn.reactos.org wrote:
> For some unknown reason wmc likes to include string.h from the wine folder
and we cannot link it on linux hosts. This hack should hopefully resolve the
issue.

Not that mysterious actually.

The "include/reactos/wine" directory is shared among Wine host and target
tools while "include/crt" contains target-only headers and thus it's only
available for target components.
Therefore #include_next cannot find any other "string.h" file, when you use
it inside host tools. Furthermore, #include_next is a GCC-only thing, so we
should avoid it wherever possible.

To circumvent these problems and remove the hacks from the actual CRT/PSDK
headers, I propose we i.e. add '#include <reactos/wine/string.h>' to the CRT
"string.h" and do the appropriate thing for other files.
This is the prettiest solution I can think of without editing a bunch of
Wine files.

Best regards,

Colin