[ros-dev] Time has come, a call to developers

Aleksey Bragin aleksey at reactos.org
Thu May 8 22:19:53 CEST 2008

Actually I didn't tell that any housewife could become a president
(or however the saying tells). I told that in order to try to find
and fix bugs, nothing extraordinary is needed, except brain and C
syntax knowledge. Everything else in source code, in open form.
The committer (who already has experience with reactos, by
definition) reviews such a patch, and notices problems if it improper
fix.

What Ged said also underlines the idea.

Every part of the OS may have its own complex points, but one must
not miss the most important thing: you have access to everything.
ReactOS is made from whatever you checkout as trunk/reactos, and
there are no hidden, closed parts.

Another example is that many things could have been done and tested
in Windows when ReactOS was not ready enough yet, but that's another
story, about the history. But let's talk about the future. The future
we can change. The history is the history.

WBR,
Aleksey Bragin.