[ros-dev] Recent changes

Colin Finck mail at colinfinck.de
Wed Mar 25 18:23:59 CET 2009

Hello everybody,

As you might have noticed, I recently did some changes to our Website stuff
and Regression Testing System.
Finally, it's time to show some results now:

== BuildBot upgrade ==
Christoph reinstalled the latest version of BuildBot on our Swedish server
today, since the previous server system was way too old for such an upgrade.
This also had the uncomfortable side-effect of the BuildBot URL changing
from http://reactos.org:8010 to http://build.reactos.org:8010, which most of
you already seem to have noticed ;-)

Sorry for not giving a note about this before.
I thought I could just finish my stuff and then write this E-Mail explaining
all changes, but as always, it took longer than expected :-/

== Crash Recovery in rosautotest and sysreg2 ==
In the recent days, I rewrote rosautotest in C++ for getting a more
maintainable code. This update also added a Crash Recovery feature.
Together with my updated version of sysreg2, we can now resume the testing
process with the next test in case a specific test made ReactOS crash.

== Web Test Interface ==
As we recently set up a new VM, which will eventually replace our current
outdated www.reactos.org server, I finally had a playground for my third
component of our testing system: The "testman" Web Interface.
It is available at http://79.99.5.181/testman/

Features include finding specific test results through a getbuilds-like
interface and comparing them.
The Comparison feature can compare up to 5 results side-by-side and show the
differences. Clicking on "Show only changed results" will only show the
lines that have differences. You can also use Drag & Drop to move the column
headers with all associated results to get the table to look like you want
it.
Clicking a test result will show details, including a log of this specific
test.

Just play around with it a bit and you should easily get to know about all
features.

Regarding Lone_Rifle's interface at http://reactos.nxserve.net: From what he
told me, this one was only meant as a decentral alternative as long as we
don't have "testman" on an official server.
I'm saying this, so nobody gets the impression that I just wanted to
extinguish his work with my implementation. If some people prefer
Lone_Rifle's version over mine, it would just need to be adjusted to the new
BuildBot URL and those people could still use it.

Comments and suggestions are welcome of course.
Not everything works perfect yet (e.g. the Debug Buildslave needs quite some
time now as all tests are run), but it should be ready for you to try now.

Best regards,

Colin