[ros-dev] Reactos and MinWin

Love Nystrom love.nystrom at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 15:55:14 CET 2009

Timo Kreuzer wrote:
> Love Nystrom wrote:
>> Moving prog source like f.ex 'mode' and 'sort' which are fundamental
>> parts of a full ReactOS to 'base\applications' instead of 'rosapps'.
> LOL, mode and sort are fundamental? I think you didn't quite get the
> idea of MinWin / MinRos. This is everything but not fundamental. I think

Eeh, sorry I didn't express myself clearly.
Of *course* I did't mean fundamental in respect to MinWin. 8P
I meant they are a legacy part of the OS as a whole,
and ought to reside where other OS commandline utils reside.
(I actually use sort now and then (some DOS habits die hard)).

> Maybe. We could try to make sure our headers are minimum as complete and
> correct as mingw headers and with more documentation, then maybe
> mingw-w64 people would be interested in using them.

Sounds like the way to go. ReactOS should lead.. not follow ;)
Their headers don't even have argument identifiers in the
function prototypes, for crying out loud. Huuu.

> For DDK headers we could use an autocreate way like MS does. Create a
> set of *complete* headers and autocreate wdm, ntddk, ntifs, etc from them.

I'll take your word for that.
One can always review the complete headers for documentary reference
if the generated headers are unclear. Thank God for OpenSource!

>> Frankly, I think the current code structure could stand in this regard.
> And it's all wrong.

Ahso.. Your point is well taken, thank You.
As you probably know, I'm still rather new to this project
and still haven't quite got the "knowledge of the terrain".
I'll gladly defer to your knowledge of this source.

> "clean" currently cleans the folder you specified when you installed
> rosbe. The current folder stays untouched.

You can't really mean it doesn't even respect the
currently configured source path??  That sounds odd.
I seem to remember it doing it's job in the configured source
path when I switched between building 0.3.10 and trunk.

Best Regards // Love