[ros-dev] A reimplementation of reactos' cache manager supporting alternate filesystems better (including ext2)

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Thu Nov 12 16:42:59 CET 2009

It's always funny to see how most people on this list talking about NT
really have no clue.

There would be no advantage to have a swap partition on Windows. Fast
I/O and Paging I/O more than make up for any "benefits" Linux has.
It's easy to have benefits to skip your FS when your FS model is
worthless. It becomes a much mooter point when your FS model is the
size and complexity (in terms of performance) of the competition's
kernel. Not to mention you could forget about crash dumps with a
separate partition.

And no, Windows 7 sets up a separate system volume (this is where boot
files go) to separate from the Win7 boot volume (this is where the
Windows system files go) and to allow BitLocker to work.

Best regards,
Alex Ionescu