[ros-dev] Regarding moderator status in the Forums.

Zachary Gorden drakekaizer666 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 04:42:51 CET 2009

Two reasons.  The first was problems with our CMS and hosting system that
made banning impossible.  That's now been resolved, so we will be handing
out bans in the future.  The other is nute, while managing to piss off a lot
of people, is not guilty of intentional malice.  Incredibly bad judgment
when it comes to dealing with people, yes, but I was highly reluctant to set
a precedent of banning someone for that.  We have in the past used other
methods to slap down people, but nute's actually never done anything that
would allow us to use those methods to get him to behave short of a complete
ban.  That policy is currently undergoing some rethinking, but I've been too
busy this past week to finish the discussion with Aleksey and the other
developers.  Ged has also been working out a more formalized system for
deciding whether to give someone the boot, and that will hopefully present
an actual punishment that moderators can use.  But again, real life time
pressures means I really haven't had the opportunity to get everything
through to the satisfaction of the rest of the devs.  Hopefully that will
change by the coming weekend.  Anyway, this really should be in the -web ML.

Z98

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 9:27 PM, chris harney <christopher57 at optusnet.com.au