[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [cgutman] 44286: - Initialize SocketError to 0 to prevent a bogus error from GCC

Thomas Bluemel thomas at reactsoft.com
Thu Nov 26 01:09:07 CET 2009

If a compiler finds it too complex to determine whether a variable was
initialized or not, you're probably better off initializing it
unconditionally.  I don't quite see what this has to do with a code
review apart from identifying such potentially buggy code (why write it
in such a way in the first place?).  After fixing it there's no point in
reviewing it over and over again, so there's really no reason for such
an ugly macro.

Thomas