[ros-dev] DVCS again [was: Trunk locked]

Aleksey Bragin aleksey at reactos.org
Sun Nov 29 13:26:31 CET 2009

I have to agree that the DVCS I tried (Hg and Git) all are quite...
let's be honest: crappy (on Windows). I also tried to work on my own
branches using git, I tried to do Wine syncs using a special Wine
branch in a local git repo. All failed, everything was non trivial,
and required a lot more work.

Subversion just works. Also, a git mirror is provided, so that when
the trunk is locked for some reason, devs still have an option to:
a) create their own branch in SVN, work in a branch, do anything they
like
b) create their own git fork, work in it, publish it, get famous/
blamed, anything they like

There are no restrictions really, especially having in mind that our
SVN repo is already clonable by everyone, so everyone can have 10+
years of ReactOS hard work on a DVD disk.

I don't really see any need to switch our VCS to anything else.

WBR,
Aleksey Bragin.