[ros-dev] Roadmap I'm sticking to

Gabriel ilardi gabrielilardi at hotmail.it
Thu Apr 8 15:32:55 CEST 2010

I think all of us should start thinking practical, we need a working OS, not a toy or a hobby one (if we really want an OS).
I think Aleksey expressed his wish to make a useful OS. The whole team should want a working OS, or am I missing something here?
I'd like to ask personally James and Timo, and all the rest of the team to help Aleksey fix the remaining bugs in Arwinss, to at least
have a more 'working' ReactOS, he did a lot of things himself, I can't imagine what could be done with your help,
once arwinss is 'stable' you could switch back to win32ros/amd64/etc, if you wish.
I really like ros and the philosophy behind its goals, I'd like to see it succeed, but in order to do it we need team work here.
I've just published the latest arwinss iso, and I can tell you this, one person tried it and he said in the main channel:
"...yeah...i just play around, but the "real windows" feeling enhanced in this release strong - this is my opinion"
We need applications to work, if ROS gets useful, it will attract more people, and more people will attract more publicity and more developers, and this is
the way to go.
Just my two cents.

Gabriel.