[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [cgutman] 46876: [PCMCIA] - Add a mostly stubbed PCMCIA driver - pcmcia.c is complete but fdo.c and pdo.c are completely unimplemented

Daniel Reimer daniel.reimer at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Apr 15 12:17:08 CEST 2010

  I am for writing a PCMCIA Driver in the current state. Most here don't
see the argument I see every day. Debugging more recent Notebooks. You
all still should know what a pain it was to get ROS running on my CLT
2010 machine without any serial Port. UniATA Bug here, Sound problems
there... Wonderful. Well, it had a PCMCIA and there are COM to PCMCIA
Cards and they are quite cheap. This would help us getting useful debug
information from many new machines, where it was impossible before. OK,
USB will add that to even more, but its already being worked on USB, so
chill and let him be.

Just my 2 cents~~~