[ros-dev] Regressions and bugs

Eric Kohl eric.kohl at t-online.de
Thu Apr 15 19:05:24 CEST 2010

Gabriel ilardi schrieb:
> Explorer has all kind of visual glitches you can imagine and even more.
> keyboard layout issues: it's language dependent when it shouldn't be,
> changing keyboard layout doesn't work,
> kb layout tools dont' work, wrong keyboard layout in cmd see 3317, 2132,
> 2133, 2178, 2952, see also profiles problems below

> Profiles: They are messed, %TEMP% has some issues see bugs 2482, 2972,
> also 4008 and 4102, all users desktop icons don't appear in user's
> desktop 4289, also bug 4444.

> 4568 Regression: Startup Folder stopped working (see profiles and
> environment vars too)

Hi!

I plan to fix the profile-related issues this weekend.

I'll start by adding support for localized strings to the hive*.inf
files. This will enable ReactOS to set localized values in the registry
upon its initialization in setup stage 1. This way the localized user
shell folder names will be added to the registry.

Next I will fix userenv.dll so the localized user shell folder names
will be retrieved from the registry rather than from a hardcoded list.

This will fix most of the profile-related bugs.

Regards,
Eric