[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [cgutman] 46876: [PCMCIA] - Add a mostly stubbed PCMCIA driver - pcmcia.c is complete but fdo.c and pdo.c are completely unimplemented

Daniel Reimer daniel.reimer at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Thu Apr 15 20:22:48 CEST 2010

  Good luck in finding hobby programmers who do what you tell em to do.
As long as you cant pay them, its hard to force them in direction. If
they loose interest or fun in coding for ROS then we are not just
stagnating, we are deserted. If you wanna risk this, feel free to. I
cant and wont stop you.

And I still think PCMCIA is important and useful right now.

Well, you think VMs are more important than Real HW? You were kidding,
right?! You were not at CLT 2010 so you might not know what ppl want out
there. 75% of all questions were about real HW support and support for
specific hardware which fails right now. So maybe you think that recent
PnP and HAL fixes were badly used time, too? Real HW support is at least
as important as internal improvements. Both is needed for a useable OS.
And for real HW support we need, USB, PCMCIA, GFX Drivers running, WIFI
, Printing and maybe even dial up. Especially the first two are
important for debugging PCs without a Serial Port, which is a big
problem right now.