[ros-dev] r46904 reactos/ntoskrnl/mm/ARM3/miarm.h

breakoutbox breakoutbox at web.de
Sun Apr 18 22:48:01 CEST 2010

ShadowFlare wrote:
> Both sides have their own historical reasons for keeping things the
> way they are.
>
> On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Andrew Faulds <ajfweb at googlemail.com
> <mailto:ajfweb at googlemail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I don't think Microsoft was wrong, I think Hard
>     Disk manufacturers have tried to make them wrong in this case.

I didn't talk about history.

But if You like :: let's look into history. One day in ...

".. December 1998 the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC),
the leading international organization for worldwide standardization in
electrotechnology, approved as an IEC International Standard names and
symbols for prefixes for binary multiples for use in the fields of data
processing and data transmission. The prefixes are as follows .."
http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html

... and since 1998 things changed.

Cheers,
Peter