[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [sir_richard] 45052: Patch that fixes VMWare boot (and

Steven Edwards winehacker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 18:58:26 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Jose Catena <jc1 at diwaves.com> wrote:
> I'm doing that. Right now I compile and run ntoskrnl in msc (vc9). Runs
> mostly but I'm still fixing bugs.
> I have written new small platform and compiler dependent includes and
> eliminate all unnecessary conditionals everywhere else, this cleans up
> things a lot.
> But, I asked if my first patch was reported correctly and if I should submit
> more, received no answer, and it's still not reviewed. I suppose because I
> am not a respectful enough noob and didn't start kissing asses. So I'm not
> going to submit any more unless this childish attitude is fixed. But I'll
> put all my work periodically in my server and announce the availability here
> so that anyone interested could download it and use whatever you want in
> ReactOS.

I think the inverse is true, the more aggressive of an ass you are the
more attention your patches receive. I wish I could review your
patches for you but am more in to project relations and legal issues
than coding but it sounds like you've got the right stuff. Maybe
privately talk to Fireball about review and commit access?

--
Steven Edwards