[ros-dev] [ros-diffs] [akhaldi] 48236: Create a branch forcmake bringup.
vicmarcal at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 30 21:44:34 UTC 2010
> Having a proper build system and a good tree structure is a mandatory
> step to work efficiently. As long as we have neither of them, it is a
> That's just my opinion, though...
In my opinion there are more mandatory things:
1) Avoiding to commit partial code. For partial code or partial-semi-working features you can use branchs.
2) Just tested code commited to trunk. You can make (ab)use of testers or try in your own. We have regressed a lot after the big bug hunting.
3) Freezing trunk until the current code is stable enough. In the same way Windows invented the word "Downgrade" with Vista we have invented the "RegressOS" word.
4) And then, after we have "something" we can improve the "something".
5) And after that we can talk about changing to Git, using CMAKE,and restructuring a Tree, or a Forest.
I am not saying a restructure is needed, or moving to CMAKE is a bad thing. But we have better things to be done.
> > On the other hand ReactOS is in a really bad shape form a user point
> > of view and all the resources should focus on fix the most important
> > bugs and regressions listed in http://www.reactos.org/wiki/Buglist.
> > The rest of the things
> > is of a minor importance to me. We can't do everything at the same
> > time, we should focus and things of major importance at the moment.
> > Just my 2 cents.
Full agree. +1000000.
Freezing Trunk asap or a serious movement to fix the regressions (reverts allowed).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ros-dev