[ros-dev] 0.3.12 milestones status

victor martinez vicmarcal at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 21 11:01:12 UTC 2010

I am currently checking our 0.3.12 milestones. And the milestones status is:

**********(Bug 5517)Some icons look wrong (blue background)**********
There is a Hack for the release.

**********(Bug5560): Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.1 throws exception at start****
This is a Wine regression. It is not in our hands.We have to wait for a Fix.

**********(Bug 5472) comctl32: Keyboard shortcuts don't work after winesync***
Not as bad as it sounds. It does not work just in 2nd Installation Stage.
Anyway, there is a Hack for this issue too.

**********(Bug 5314)	REGRESSION: Acrobat Reader: pen leak*******
It is supposed to be fixed, but it is Bug5560 dependant so it is impossible to confirm the Fixed status.

**********(Bug 5598) PATCH: Opera 9.64, FireFox 3.0+ crash when using Russian/Lithuanin/Ukrainian locale****
Reverting the *.nls changes solves the issue.
There is a Hack attached.

**********(Bug 5482)REGRESSION: ExplorerXP: black background on treeview area*****
This is a Wine regression. It is not in our hands. We have to wait for a Fix.

**********(Bug 4106) REGRESSION: Wrong text spacing in popup menus / icons after show a font in control applet / Remote Desktop*******
It is a minor regression since it has been there for a while. Also Yarotows seems to fix some of the issues.

**********(Bug 5591)	REGRESSION: devmgr: wrong icons in the TreeView *****

Updating comctl32 will fix the issues. Or we can revert the comctl32 changes.

**************
*   Summing up   *
There are 8 regressions.
4 has different options to be solved (Hack or Wine update/revert)
2 are current Wine regressions (we have to wait for a fix or revert Ole32/Comctl32 changes)
1 could be fixed (the Acrobar Reader leakage) but we need to fix Acrobat first(reverting?)
1 is a minor regression without a solution ( "Bug 4106")

So we can solve 7/8 regressions. Is it time to think about a 0.3.12 release? It is time to take decisions (reverting/updating/waiting Fixes) since there are solutions.
I don't think having the Trunk frozen is good for the project.
So, opinions?