[ros-dev] Re : Re : Another regression

caemyr at myopera.com caemyr at myopera.com
Tue Aug 16 20:04:30 UTC 2011

Yet another regression. Revision http://svn.reactos.org/svn/reactos?view=rev&revision=53257 breaks up VBox testcd runtime, due to pool corruption bugchecks. Its been 37h since it started. Can we have it fixed or reverted? This is our sole working testbot, so it could be important.

I know that introducing new features to ReactOS is cool, but unfortunately, once again we, the testers, are left alone with the bugs introduced by them. Its kinda hard to me, as I often feel as some kind of oppressor, pointing out that something fails, only to hear back that its my or no one's problem.

Yes, i am aware that i could probably avert it by disabling ACPI in testbot's VM. I am not going to do this for at least two reasons:
- if i do so, everyone will feel contempt once more and forget about this, until it crops up sometime in the future, requiring a regtesting then. Now guess who will be asked to do so, and why that person is going to be a tester;
- if this ACPI implementation is mature enough to be ENABLED by DEFAULT, it should at least work in VBOX. This is why i did patchbot for, but unfortunately, too many prefer to commit to trunk (and not fix it up then);

No testman's results? Anyone cares? Naah, lets have a few more features. Just when would you like to have a new release? Until end of the year? Forget it...

Best regards