[ros-dev] Meeting on Thursday

Andrew Green greeniekin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 05:16:11 UTC 2011

Could a vote on merging the livecd and bootcd(no cab file) be put up
in the meeting?
The mailing list has not really been an indicator of what everyone wants.
I suppose a ram disk could be used and install from a cab. Though I
know nothing about how this would work and if this could be
implemented in the 2 to 3 weeks that could be spent on merging the
discs.

Advantages
-Only build and maintain one cd.
-Saves space on server(not having to build and save 2 discs)
-No confusion about what cd someone installed from.
-Simple to implement as opposed to a ram disk. to install everything
to from a cab.

Disadvantages
-To download an iso to just install will be larger(A compressed
version could counter this. Though it's not ideal)