[ros-dev] Proposal for FF support drop

Pierre Schweitzer pierre at reactos.org
Sun Jan 15 21:55:32 UTC 2012

Le dimanche 15 janvier 2012 à 20:19 +0100, Bernd Blaauw a écrit :
> Oops the link displayed by rapps includes a version number in the binary
> instead of some
> [ ftp://ftp.reactos.org/reactos/rapps/firefox-2in32.exe ]. Would it be
> possible to replace the hosted binary by version 9.01 and create a
> symlink on the server so the 2.0.20 link stays working but downloads 9.0
> instead?

This would, indeed, solve the problem of broken link, but not the
problem of outdated version. And imagine everyone would be releasing
that way... We can't host half-the web just for having working rapps.

Major point also is that 2.0 is only available in English (it's more
here for reg-testing purposes). All the other releases are proposed in
several langages. We can't host a binary for every supported language.
Or we become an official Mozilla mirror, but that's not planned.

One thing I could do, is putting some php script on one of our servers
(something like that: foo.reactos.org/getFireFox.php?lang=en-US), that
would use the link pointed by Sven Barth to get latest version and
redirect to it.
A bit overkill, but could do job.

> Slightly offtopic: any public notes available of the most recent
> (December/January) private meeting? Unless it's private private ofcourse.

They should be available any time soon. Only few parts of the meeting
were private.