[ros-general] VMware

Lorenzo garbage at loz.it
Mon Dec 15 16:21:27 UTC 2003

Ge van Geldorp wrote:
> When you created your virtual machine, you probably set the harddisk to
> be a SCSI harddisk. Change your harddisk to be an IDE disk and things
> should go better.

No... these are my settings:
- 128 MB of memory (tried also with 32 MB). I have 1 GB of physical memory.
- HD 1 (IDE 0:0)
- CD-ROM 1 (IDE 1:0) using ISO image
- Guest machine: Windows NT (tried also with DOS, Windows 2000, Other)
- Strange features (like shared folders, snapshot and so on) all disabled

I'm running the latest VMware (4.0.5.6030).

Steven Edwards wrote:
>Hallo Lorenzo,
>I use VMware all the time. Could you describe where/how it crashes?

When I boot I see for a second "Loading Freeloader", then I get this error:
"VMware Workstation internal monitor error - VM attempting to execute in
undefined memory. Please report this problem blah blah blah."

Lorenzo