[ros-general] Documents and settings

Andrew Greenwood lists at silverblade.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 16:26:56 UTC 2004

> What you thing about strange microsoft terminology? Such as "Documents
> and Settings"?
> IMHO this directory more logically to name "users" or "home".

Those seem even more absurd suggestions, for a Windows clone at least. Home
might make the user get confused with their browser's home page or
something.

Documents and Settings - now what do you think that contains? hmm? Documents
and settings, perhaps? It's much better than C:\My Documents, at least.

I personally just use a separate partition labelled DATA.