[ros-general] Documenst and settings

Novikov Semyon <tappak> tappak at freemail.ru
Fri Apr 16 07:34:15 UTC 2004

Lorenzo wrote:

>Mmmh, why not "Users" or "Home" with the first letter uppercase?

Because in the terminal it is difficult for typing :) (Shift + "u")

>IMHO, the best name should be "Profiles" or "User profiles", but it's only
>my opinion. "Home" it's too "unix" for me so I find it horrible (Unix =
>Evil). But for many users it would be the most logical. So why don't leave
>"Documents and Settings" as default and allowing the experienced user to
>change it in the setup?

I came in project from Unix and i thing we shouldn't reject all unix
solutions.
But i thing it is good idea allowing user change this stuff in setup
process.

NT architecture is multiuser. Unix is parent of multiuser concept.
And i thing each user should have own "home" defended from other users.
May be my opinion is too "unix". It is not important how to name home
directory but multiuser concept is really important IMHO.
--
wbr
.tappak