[ros-general] Security of WINE and ReactOS: was Documents and settings

Mark IJbema mark at ijbema.xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 18 10:51:46 UTC 2004

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 11:10:33AM -0700, Steven Edwards wrote:

> I wish I could attach the nice chart from Inside Windows NT so you
> could see the security subsystem. Its quite a piece of work and is
> quite a shame Windows security gets a bad name due to slack
> administrators.

That's exactly the problem, you need to be some kind of wizzard to do
windows system administration, while in Linux (or at least debian, i
don't have much experience with other distro's) the default is secure,
and you need to spend effort to make it insecure. I'll gladly believe
that the windows security system is very good, but again it seems like
another MS thingy: good idea, badly implemented :(

Mark