[ros-general] RE: [ros-dev] Must Read!!!! Msi.dll and Bison Alert!!!!

Youness El Andaloussi Youness at ElAndaloussi.net
Wed Dec 1 03:46:15 UTC 2004

FYI:

1) Bison is more or less bison on most versions I tested, even hacked
versions I have seen are backward compatible...
2) once the bison grammar has been parsed and generated, it compiles
anywhere without the need for bison, the "it adds another dependency"
argument is not entirely valid unless you want to make changes to the
grammar itself
3) once something that works exists, nothing the parser to be rewritten in
c for optimisation
4) so what if it does not come with mingw... mingw does not come with
windows either, and bison is much smaller of a download
5) Bison remains one of the most standard compiler tools.