[ros-general] The SlashDot effectl

Ge van Geldorp gvg at reactos.com
Thu Dec 16 13:04:25 UTC 2004

With most of the slashdotters gone again I thought it would be nice to share
some statistics.
The last day the website had around 46.000 visitors and served 1.800.000
requests. Load average went up to about 55 maximum and was between 20 and 35
most of the day. The webserver was set to handle a maximum of 110 clients at
a time and most of the time it was actually serving 110 clients.
All in all, I'm not unhappy. The site did slow down considerably, but it
didn't fall apart completely. If you were a bit patient you usually got in.

Gé van Geldorp.