[ros-general] Re: [coLinux-devel] Linux native drivers/Direct hardware access

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 1 20:17:22 UTC 2004

--- Dan Aloni <da-x at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 02:25:21PM +0200, Sat Rookie wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to use native linux drivers to access REAL hardware
> without
> > writing special wrappers for every device type?
> >
> > PS: I mean not 'Windows-Must-Have' hardware like keyboard or mouse
> but
> > ADDITIONAL hardware like MPEG Capture card, DVB TV Card,...
>
> Not currently. coLinux is designed to be a virtual Linux.

But do you think its possible via a Windows filer driver? I guess I am
thinking about replacing the Linux PnP implementation and passing it
off to the Windows PnP Manager and then using Linux network cards and
such as a quick and dirty wrapper to get Linux driver support for us on
ReactOS.

Thanks
Steven